My wife and kids (9 and 5) rented Casa Wurster 2/16-2/23/2022.
- owners are great hosts and very communicative/responsive. Great updates prior to our arrival, especially about COVID restrictions. Russ even brought us some bananas they had.
- Hector - Everything you read about him is 100% accurate. He is amazing - timely, responsive, and helpful.
- house - in great condition. Clean, well maintained, plenty of space. It’s stocked with all you need - kitchen supplies, beach towels, board games. Nice gas grill we used a couple of times and a ping pong table.
- private pool - wonderful. Nice size, tons of pool toys, its own pool house with bathroom, fridge, grill, and sink.
- property - amazing. Hike to the top and get phenomenal views. There’s a pickle ball/basketball court. Protected by a gate.
- Location - Patillas has good restaurants overlooking the water. Arroyo is 10 min by car and has a grocery store and restaurants.
- Punta Tuna - 25 min away with a gorgeous beach on a nature preserve. Really secluded, literally only two other people on the beach when we went. Postcard-beautiful scenery.
- house - only downside is that air conditioning is only in the bedrooms. It’s perfectly fine for sleeping, but the weather was too hot/humid to hang out in the living room, dining room areas at night.
- Noise - we had to leave most of the windows open, but traffic on the road can get very loud, as the road is the main thoroughfare along the south coast. Trucks, motorcycles, buses - hundreds every day. On the weekend, we counted about 300 vehicles, many blasting their radios at really high volumes. If you want a vacation of peace and quiet, not going to get it. And on the property, there were backhoes and other heavy equipment that start drilling at 7a every morning.
- nearby beach - it is only about 100 meters away, but the beach wasn’t that big. We checked out Patillas beach, but it too didn’t have much of a beach and had litter on the park grounds. We also got bitten ~80 times each by sand fleas.
Rating the house and hosts - awesome! But because of traffic/noise, no A/C in the common areas, and beach options, not quite a perfect score.